Would your kids love a small world set up? With a few simple items you can create a magical world for your kids to explore.
Here's a step-by-step guide. It's SUPER easy and quick!
Step 1. Gather Your Materials
- An enclosed table (We've used the Kiddo Karnage play table)
- Fake grass for the grassland
- Blue rice for the pond (we'll show you how to make it below)
- Clever Bugs eucalyptus mix for dry land
- Trees (We've used Papoose Toys trio of trees)
- "The Animal Book" by Lonely Planet
- And our very special anamalz from the Roaming Mountains range
Step 2: Setting Up Your Small World
- Spread the fake grass on the table to create a lush grassland
- Place a blue rice pond in one corner of the table
- Sprinkle Clever Bugs eucalyptus mix to form your dry land
- Arrange the trees to create a mini forest 🌳
- Position your anamalz around the setup to bring it to life
- Add a book about animals
Step 3: Creating Blue Rice
To make your own blue rice for the pond, follow these easy steps:
- Take regular white rice
- In a ziplock bag, add a few drops of blue food colouring.
- Seal the bag and shake it until the rice turns a vibrant blue colour
- Spread the blue rice on your table to create a serene pond
Step 4: Playtime!
Watch as your kids explore the small world you've created.
Encourage them to find the corresponding animals in "The Animal Book", as it creates connections between what your child reads and what they can hold in their hands.
Want to see this set up in action? Click here
Explore our Roaming Mountains anamalz range and see what safari you can create!
Full credit of this set up goes to Samantha Gread @messyplayfortwo.